This position can offer valuable experience to anyone looking at a career in fabrication or mechanical engineering.
Who is ES3?
ES3 offers world class engineering and bespoke metalwork fabrication solutions. Our team is a division of the Satius Group, a collective based in Porirua, Wellington. Check out our websites for more on what we do and how we work:
https://www.es3.co.nz | https://www.satiusgroup.com
What will your work involve?
As a production hand, you’ll provide valuable assistance across our production team. You’ll have a hands-on role in our product finishing processes, and provide general operations support as required.
Your key responsibilities may include:
- Working in a safe manner at all times, and complying with H&S directions.
- Assisting with parts clean-up, deburring, sorting, and identification.
- Preparing parts for secondary processes or dispatch.
- Assisting with set up for fabrication processes, under the guidance of more senior fabricators.
- Assisting with general metal fabrication work as trained and required, including but not limited to:
- Assisting laser operators with setup, materials handling, or general operation as required.
- Keeping your work areas orderly and clean.
- Completing quality checks on parts that pass through your responsibility.
This is a permanent full-time position for 45 hours a week, at our main site in Porirua, Wellington.
Why work with us?
As a family-owned business, we strive to be a workplace where you feel respected, elevated, and empowered. We:
- Value the input of all employees.
- Consider and care for the welfare of employees.
- Encourage initiative, enterprise, and personal responsibility.
What skills and experience do you need?
We value hard-working individuals who are open to growth and strive for daily improvement. Our ideal candidate:
- Has a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Works effectively and efficiently in a team
- Accepts responsibility and demonstrates accountability for their actions
- Shows a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Is practical and shows an aptitude for the work
- Has a strong safety record and understanding of health & safety in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
We’re keen to hear from anyone who thinks they have what it takes. If this sounds like you, please get in touch with a cover letter and updated CV.